Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread!
You must try mine. I love the idea of quickbreads, whipped up at the drop of a hat, ready for guests and us on short notice, no kneading and no rising time.
The added bonus is that quickbreads are very moderately sweet.
This little trivia about them places them in the category of real foods rather than desserts, even though they taste delicious enough to be dessert.
The flavor combination in this Zucchini Chocolate Chip bread is unbeatable!
And you will eat your veggies, I guarantee it! It helps a lot that zucchini is naturally bland, in a good way, and is equally at home in sweet and savory dishes.
No problem making muffins with this batter:
Your children will love you for the perfect Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins snack!
- 2 cups flour: all purpose, whole-wheat pastry, or spelt (gluten-free OK. In this cake make the recipe as muffins)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, or 1/3 cup stevia or truvia
- 2 pouches Levana Nourishments Cocoa Coffee
- 1 cup coarsely ground walnuts or pecans (if you can't have nuts, use pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup real semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup coconut oil or extra light olive oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini, packed
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the first set of ingredients thoroughly in a bowl. Combine the second set of ingredients thoroughly in another bowl. Combine both mixtures thoroughly, mixing only it is combined. Pour the batter into a large greased loaf pan (or 2 smaller loaf pans) and bake for about 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Muffins: Pour the batter into greased medium muffin tins (about 1 ½ dozen) and bake about 40 minutes.