Vegetarian Bean Soup:
Another delicious all-vegetarian and inexpensive Moroccan soup, done the quick way.
Comfort food at its best. Unlike on my personal blog, I am using canned beans in this vegetarian bean soup recipe, as the theme of this whole recipe section is to get a perfect meal even when we are short on time. But this is the luxury that using Levana Nourishments affords you, as you start with that powerful pouch, which packs a powerful punch.
My Bean Soup Freezes Beautifully.
So, don’t divide: Freeze! You will be happy to find a container in the freezer when you are short on time and crave a large bowl of comfort food!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 quarts (12 cups) water
- 6 cups good quality canned white beans (2 large cans drained)
- 4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 pouches Levana Nourishments Garden Vegetable
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- A good pinch red pepper flakes, aor a little more to taste to taste
- Salt to taste
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 small bunch cilantro, tough ends discarded, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
Heat the oil in a wide heavy pot.
Bring the first set of ingredients to a boil. Reduce to medium low and cook covered for about 20 minutes. Stir in the last three ingredients. Adjust the texture and seasonings.
Makes a dozen ample servings