Seaweed Vegetable Rice dish:
A real Superfoods Showcase for me! Redolent of Asian flavors, and substantial enough to be a wonderful vegetarian main dish. Still, if you would like, just throw in some smoked turkey or cooked chicken or meat. Likewise, you can play with the selection of ingredients I am suggesting, just as long as they are all fresh or frozen (not canned and not processed)
Seaweed is easy to find, and is quite versatile.
This seaweed vegetable rice dish is only one of the wonderful things you can make with it. You can use seaweed in salads, in green smoothies, in nori rolls. Practically no calories, and a nutritional powerhouse!
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups short grain brown rice
- 2 pouches Levana Nourishments Mushroom Medley
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 bunch kale, leaves only, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup hijiki or other dry seaweed (health food stores), soaked in 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 cups soy bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 8 scallions, finely sliced
- Bottled hot sauce to taste
Bring the water to boil in a wide heavy pot. Add the rice and Levana Nourishments, reduce the flame to medium and cook, covered, 45 minutes.
Stir in all remaining ingredients, and cook 2-3 more minutes, only until just cooked through. Serve hot. Makes 6 to 8 servings