Pumpkin Corn Soup. Quick and Healthy: My war cry!
It speaks of holidays, celebrations, good times and togetherness.
My pumpkin corn soup is ready in a jiffy!
Here’s where frozen, and of course unprocessed, butternut squash always comes to my rescue: In less than 10 minutes’ preparation time, and about 30 minutes’ cooking time, I got a potful of fabulous soup!
Don’t divide: Freeze!
Oh yeah, that’s my other war cry, and I feel quite smug about it. Boy, you will be happy to find a container or two of perfect soup in your freezer when you are short on time!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 pouches Levana Nourishments Garden Vegetable
- 6-8 stems cilantro, stems discarded, chopped
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 2 10-ounce boxes frozen butternut squash
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup tiny red lentils
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- Two good pinches ground cloves
- 6 bay leaves, or 1 teaspoon ground
- 8 cups water
Heat the oil in a large wide bottom pot. In a food processor, coarsely grind the celery, onion, garlic, parsley and cilantro. Add the mixture to the pot, and sauté until translucent. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium and cook, covered, 30 more minutes. Adjust the texture and seasonings. Serve hot.