Meatloaf is the easiest and tastiest dinner ever!
All aboard in a mixing bowl, mix, bake and enjoy!
My meatloaf is extended by vegetables and whole grain
You end up with a leaner and lighter high fiber meat loaf.
Did you notice that children love meatloaf?
If you decide to use ground turkey, try your best for dark turkey, go a little heavier on the seasonings, and add 2 tablespoons paprika for color.
It will also be delicious served cold in sandwiches or salads.
It will freeze very well, so you will be happy to enjoy it in several ways. A sandwich with dijon and crisp lettuce, and some kimchee, that’s one of my favorite lunches
- 2½ pounds lean ground lean beef, lamb or turkey (Fish loaf: use ground fish)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup grated carrots, packed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 pouches Levana Nourishments Garden Vegetable
- 1 cup all-natural store-brought pasta sauce
- Any seasonings and herbs you might like to add
- 2 eggs
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Mix all ingredients thoroughly by hand. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan. Bake about 1 hour, or a little longer until the top is just firm to the touch. Makes 6 to 8 servings
Asian Meat Loaf:
- Substitute 2 pouches Levana Nourishments Mushroom Medley
- Substitute 1 cup full-fat coconut milk for the pasta sauce
- Throw in 2-3 bottled hot sauce
- Throw in sliced scallions and cilantro