Wild Mushroom Soup Lovers, rejoice!
Luscious Wild Mushroom Soup! You will whip it up in no time, as you are starting out with our delicious Mushroom Medley Nourishments, which combines four different luxurious and super nutritious mushrooms: Porcini, shiitake, maitake, and reishi.
Wild mushroom power:
When mushrooms do their magic in a dish, you need very little added enhancement if any.
If you find some exotic mushrooms at a reasonable price, such as chanterelles, porcini, king oyster, throw them in too, or use them in any combination you like: Your wild mushroom soup will get wildly delicious! I always keep on hand some porcini or other wild mushroom powder, easy to get online.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cups sliced shiitaki mushroom caps
- 2 pouches Levana Nourishments Mushroom Medley
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dry sherry or sake (liquor stores)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only (settle for 1 teaspoon dry)
- 2 sprigs tarragon, leaves only, chopped (settle for 1 teaspoon dry)
- 2 quarts (8 cups) water
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Ground pepper to taste
Stir all ingredients in a wide bottom pot, and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium, and cook covered for 10 minutes.
Adjust consistency and seasonings. Delicious hot or cold.
Makes 8 ample servings.