Red Lentil Soup is ready in minutes!
Red lentils are very quick cooking, and promptly dissolve in the soup, forming a natural emulsion.
I adore lentils, and why not? Easy to use, inexpensive, and a nutritional treasure. And there are so many kinds of lentils, all delicious! Have you tried my Moroccan Lentil Soup?
Turn red lentil soup into a sauce!
Use much less liquid, say about half the liquid listed, and use the thick puree as a delicious sauce to dunk your bread in. This will make a terrific filling for savory crepes 1oo!
- 1∕3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups tiny red lentils
- 2 pouches Levana Nourishments Garden Vegetable
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons curry, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 8 sprigs cilantro, leaves only, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
Bring all ingredients to a boil in a wide bottom pot. Reduce the heat to medium and cook covered for 15 to 20 minutes. Adjust the texture and seasonings. Makes 6 to 8 servings.