Chicken Mole Sauce: That’s the best of both worlds!
Mole signals the presence of Chocolate.
I can’t tell you how many times I have knocked my guests’ socks off with this dish. Mole (pronounced Mow-Lay) comes with a most improbable ingredient combo, but the beautiful thing is, the chocolate works its usual seduction, and the finished dish is amazing.
In Chicken Mole Sauce, all Flavors are fully stated
Any of the liquid listed here (Jasmine tea, cranberry juice, or pomegranate juice) will be a great choice, and will stand up beautifully to the chocolate. Jasmine and chocolate, that would be my first choice: another marriage made in heaven. Try Jasmine Chocolate Truffles sometime!
Chicken Mole Sauce Freeze perfectly:
Make the full recipe, and freeze the unused portion.
- 8 serving chicken pieces (thighs, drumsticks, half chicken breasts)
- 1 1/2 cups strong jasmine tea, decaf OK (variation: Cranberry or pomegranate juice)
- 2 pouches Levana Nourishments Garden Vegetable
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, more if you like it spicier
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, best quality
Bring the chicken, tea, Nourishments and chili powder to boil in a wide bottom pot.
Reduce the heat to medium and cook covered for 45 minutes.
Transfer the chicken to a platter with a slotted spoon.
Whisk in the tomato paste and chocolate chips and cook one more minute. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve hot with rice, noodles or vegetable puree.